Monday, May 12, 2008

3DD Final Project: Hybrid


I built a "glove" out of wire on my own hand in a classical and elegant gesture; through this process of "beautifying", I was also inflicting physical pain on myself. The process was a long process, which turned into a slow performance where I (as the artist) was consciously hurting my hands which are of dire importance in the creative process and art making. The photographs show a time lapse (beginning from left and ending on the right), where through trying to live with this newly acquired trait and molding it to my body, I developed scratches all over my chest and hand.

More explanation and more documentation coming soon!



Materials: black wire (three different gauges)

Dimension: life size representation of my hand








*zoom in for detailed "lace work"

No comments: